Chair: Judi Hill
The NAACP is committed to raising awareness for political, educational, social, and economic equality for communities of color in the electoral and legislative process. We are actively engaged in increasing the African American responsiveness to be fully engaged in the democratic process.
The Political Action Committee shall:
- Seek to increase registration and voting.
- Work for the enactment of municipal, state and federal legislation designed to improve the educational, political and economic status of minority groups.
- Seek the repeal of racially discriminatory legislation.
- Work to improve the administration of justice.
- Work to secure equal enforcement of the law.
- Keep the National Office and the Unit informed of all proposed legislation which affects minority groups. The Committee shall be nonpartisan and shall not endorse candidates for public office.