Chair: Garvin Carter
The Labor and Industry Committee shall seek ways to improve the economic status of minority groups by:
- Working to eliminate discriminatory employment practices in industry and government, wage differentials based on race, unequal opportunities for training, promotion and unfair dismissals.
- Encouraging greater participation in the trade union movement.
- Working to end discriminatory practices in labor unions.
- Securing the enactment of state and federal fair employment practices legislation.
- Working for improved opportunities in vocational and apprenticeship training.